This one is for all you chocolate lovers. Shu Uemura‘s limited edition holiday 2018 collection this year features a delicious collaboration with La Maison du Chocolate – a Parisan boutique creating confectioneries of it’s namesake. A few weeks ago, I posted a video preview of the items I have in my hands courtesy of the always generous Shu PR and today I’m sharing a complete look created using the products themselves, of course with a holiday theme.
The two big colour items in this collection are the Ganache & Praline eight pan eyeshadow palettes; Dark Cacao which takes on slightly cooler, taupe tones with flecks of gold and alternatively, Framboise Berry which includes nuances of reds in the form of berries, terracotta and copper. As a challenge, I decided to create my look centered around only the red shades so in a way this is a dark eyes and dark lip combination!
MAKING REDS MORE WEARABLE
- Pile on the foundation | My skin is certainly far from model perfect but when wearing red tones, be it lips or yes, any redness of the skin is enhanced so it’s a good time to go higher coverage.
- Be selective about colour placement | I focused the heaviest berry colour on the outer corners of the eyes and also smoked it out a little around the lower lash line. If you look carefully however, I didn’t connect the colour all the way around the eye – instead the lower outer lash line is lined with a bronze metallic pencil.
- Skip the heavy liner | This look has no eyeliner on the top what so ever and it’s a conscious decision to keep it from looking too theatrical. However, I did balance it out with false lashes – which I thought was a must – in order to still enhance definition for the eyes. I highly recommend choosing lashes that aren’t super dense, focused more on length and has a clear band to blend in better with your own natural lash line.
- JOSIE MARAN | Vibrancy Foundation (G15)
- TARTE | Shape Tape Concealer (Fair Beige)
- MAYBELLINE | Master Contour* (Light)
- ANASTASIA | Highlighting Powder (Amrezy)
- ESSENCE | Satin Touch Blush (#20 Satin Love)
- SHU UEMURA | Ganache & Praline Eye Palette* (Framboise Berry)
- False Lashes
- PIXI | Endless Silky Eye Pencil* (Rose Glow)
- NYX | Lip Liner (Currant)
- SHU UEMURA | Rouge Unlimited Lipstick* (Hazelnut Ganache)
I would love to know what looks you are excited to wear for this holiday season and if red is in your plans as well!