Nelly Furtado or Colourpop? In the case of today’s post, it’s the later but I couldn’t help but hum the tune in my head whenever I pick up this lipstick! This whole makeup started quite innocently as I was testing out the new Marc Jacobs Icon Palette (whoohoo, new stuff) but quickly morphed into something else once I put on this metallic lipstick. Now, in all honesty, I never quite got on with this throwback lip trend and I actually think it’s super gorg on darker skin tones but none the less I thought this face came together in a cool way.
The fun thing about this ultra shine finish is that the particles reflect differently depending on the lighting so while it looks a little more grungy in the shadows, the whole makeup takes on an ethereal glow in the second shot. In person, Man Eater is actually a rich metallic coppery rose.
- SULWHASOO | Perfecting Cushion Foundation – No.21
- A’PIEU | Air Fit Cushion Blusher* – CR1
- ANASTASIA | Dip Brow – Medium Brown
- MARC JACOBS | Eye-Conic Palette – Glambition
- Infamous, The Most, Over the Top
- ANNABELLE | Big Show Mascara (WP)*
- COLOURPOP | Ultra Metallic Lip – Man Eater
– – – – – – – – – – –
Between you and me though, I wasn’t brave it enough to rock it outside and took it off before I left the door… but I’m sure Nelly would.