Photo friendly makeup is the tag line of a lot of products out on the market now a days but if you rewind back to the original high definition brand, then we have to give it to Make Up For Ever for bringing the concept to the mass market. Following my last post about the newly relaunched Ultra HD range of products, I thought it’d make most sense to show you everything in action…appropriately, in a video. After all, that’s what this is made for.
One of the things which continues to impress me about the brand is their focus on product education which they take extremely seriously. I was lucky to be invited to their recent education workshop here in Vancouver where I learned a wealth of knowledge not only on the Ultra HD products but also how they can be personalized for my skin type and preferences. At the end of the day, you’re only most likely to use makeup that fits your lifestyle and that you feel comfortable putting on.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER | Nourishing Primer*
- MAKE UP FOR EVER | Radiance Primer*
- MAKE UP FOR EVER | HD Skin Booster*
- MAKE UP FOR EVER | Ultra HD Foundation* | Y225
- MAKE UP FOR EVER | Lip Booster*
- MAKE UP FOR EVER | Ultra HD Stick Foundation* | Y225
- MAKE UP FOR EVER | Ultra HD Microfinishing Powder*
- MAKE UP FOR EVER | Ultra HD Microfinishing Powder Pressed*
- MAKE UP FOR EVER | Mist & Fix Setting Spray
- LAURA MERCIER | Translucent Setting Powder
While this routine is not something I would invest in every single day, I was surprised by how wonderfully light it felt despite how many products I used. I can see the textures were created to work synergistically with one another because they blend with each other easily and not to mention, as I’m looking through the photos again, they do photograph nicely as well! Since the workshop, I’ve worn variations of this foundation routine on different occasions and I definitely prefer the Ultra HD foundation in conjunction with the priming products versus using it alone. A few of these items will definitely make a reappearance in future videos so make your bets now on the favourites.