This holiday season beauty and fashion come together once again in this limited edition Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfeld Shupette Beauty Collection. The fabulous feline behind the inspiration is actually Karl’s royally spoiled cat Choupette who’s been jet setting with the top designer and is now featured in her own makeup ad.
“Up the glamour quotient with colorless shimmer powder with kitty-soft silky texture and gentle pink and gold sparkles.” | Shop it!
Super soft and delicate, this loose powder has a fine mesh sifter lid (I removed it for the photo) and a kitty print face puff for a quick and easy application. I’m usually not one for shimmer face powders are they tend to photograph terribly but this one is more of a luminescence that feels and looks like angel dust. Pale skins can wear this all over while medium to darker skin tones may find this better used as a highlight.
“Diamonds are a Shupette’s best friend. This loose iridescent powder trio comes in brilliant sparkles so you’ll catch the paparazzi flashes and be the belle of the night.
Loose powder glitter trio comes in brilliant sparkles of pink, gold and platinum that are perfect to finish your celebrity look” | Shop it!
A trio of sparklers that’s perfect for gifting, this contains a gold, white/pearl and pink glitter set. The box labels it as eyeshadow but I would recommend using this sparingly as a finishing pop of shine as it is a bit gritty to work with as an all over eyeshadow on its own. Layer it over a powder shadow, pop on the center of the eye lid, the inner corner or as under shadow and you’ll be good to shine.
#01 BLUE, #02 PINK | $45CAD
“Paw on a parisienne chic cat eye with the palette that includes the gor-geous “Shupette blue”, or get cute to the maximum in a bright pink tokyo kawaii cat eye.
Three pearly eye shadow shades pre-set in exclusive Shupette custom case.” | Shop #01 & #02
Whether you’re feeling playful or sweet, these two eyeshadow sets will help you set the mood. All six shades contain some kind of pearl, iridescence or duo-chrome shine. Pigmentation is great and the powders can easily be layered to create varying intensities without getting muddy or cakey. Smoothness varies between shades but none were terribly hard to work with. Note that the case can be taken apart and all the pans are interchangeable with other Shu customizable palettes.
“Partial accent lashes with metallic silver highlights and Shupette-blue crystals just for you to eyedolize yourself.” | Shop it!
- Rouge BonBon Fantasy Lip Palette | #01, #02 | $45CAD
- Furry Fantasy Premium False Lashes | $100CAD
- Silk Cushion Cheek | $35CAD
- Eye-need-shu Pencil Eyeliner | Midnight Black & Gala Brown | $28CAD
- Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil | $98CAD
- Eye & Lip Palette | $ 115CAD
- UV Tsuya Skin Under Base Mousse | $46CAD
- Eyelash Curler | $24CAD
- With Love from Paris Brush Set | $95
SHOP AT | www.shuuemura.ca
All items are limited editi
on and are also available at Holt Renfrew, select Sephora and Hudson’s Bay Shu counters nationwide.
Now if you know me, you know I can not pass up on a pair of false lashes so I built my look around them using shades of blue and accented with soft coral hues on the lips and cheeks. Choupette is definitely a princes so I wanted to keep the look pretty yet playful.
- SHU UEMURA | Light Bulb Foundation* | Medium Light Beige
- SHU UEMURA | Pampearl Me Loose Powder*
- SHU UEMURA | Hard Eyebrow Pencil* | #05
- SHU UEMURA | Eye-need-shu Shadow Trio* #01
- SHU UEMURA | Tint in Gelato* #CR04
- On clean moisturized skin, I applied one pump of the Light Bulb Foundation which has medium buildable coverage and a satin-glow finish. Buff this out with a brush for even coverage. Then top off the forehead, cheeks, bridge of the nose and chin with a light press of Pampearl Me Loose Powder.
- Shape brows with the Hard Brow Pencil in an arched shape. This was a little hard than I thought as it was also my first time using this cult favourite brow shader, looks like I still need some practice but the application was very smooth and the colour payoff was perfect.
- Using the #01 Blue trio (I was completely mesmerized by that duo-chrome deep blue), apply the medium periwinkle all over the lid and blending slightly past the outter edge of the natural eye shape. Switch to a bullet brush and run the deep blue along the upper lash line and then shading the outter edge of the eye and again blending outwards. Line just the outer tip of the lash line with a small thin flick of black liquid eyeliner. Run deep blue over the outer 1/3 of the lower lash line and the periwinkle along the rest of the lower lash line.
- Time for the pizzazz! Because I have very sparse lashes that will hardly show in photos, merely popping the Shupette accent lashes over my own will look a little out of place. In this case, I first started with a full strip of light lengthening lashes then added the accent pieces on top concentrating on the outer edges for that feline look.
- Finish off with coordinating coral lips and cheeks using the Tint in Gelato in CR04.