About two weeks ago I received a large mysterious package at my door. It was big, brown, hefty and came all the way from the east coast. Unfortunately not a mystery gift from my secret admirer but I opened the top to find a generous press package from AVON Canada, filled with their new releases and soon to be released goodies. Since I was blessed to get this in my hands, I thought I ought to share a video and some details with you so we can all enjoy this together. Watch my open box video and then scroll down to see all the photos and some first impressions.
AVON ELEMENTS:: SKIN REVITALIZE RANGE
A trio of three products in this range which are meant to give the appearance of a more even skin tone. The wording perplexes me a little as it claims to give the “appearance” of rather than definitively provide a brighter look to the skin. The night cream has a very lightweight consistency that is borderline a gel and is generously sprinkled with peachy-golden shimmer. It appears to be oil-free but does smell quite noticeably of alcohol which is the second ingredient on the list.
- Instant Radiance Lotion SPF20 | 50ml @ $15.99 CAD
- Night Radiance Cream (shown) | 50ml @ $15.99 CAD
- 2-in-1 Brightening Eye Roller (shown) | 12ml @ $19.99
Avon says: Safe for sensitive skin, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic.
AVON ELEMENTS:: MOISTURE BOOST SKINCARE
Meant to balance and intensely hydrate your skin, the Moisture Boost collection has two separate ranges within it for various skin types. Those with regular skin can dive right into the normal set of product while those with combination skin have a lighter gel-cream oil-free set of products to play with. What seems to be the common factor among all products in this collection is the camellia tea leaf extract meant to help soothe the skin.
- Daily Moisture Cream SPF15 (shown) | 50ml @ $12.99
- Night Gel-Cream (shown) | 50ml @ $12.99
- Eye Cream (shown) | 15ml @ $12.99
- Daily Moisture Lotion SPF15 | 118ml @ $12.99
- Night Cream (shown) | @ $12.99
Avon says: Suitable for sensitive skin, hypoallergenic.
AVON ELEMENTS:: YOUTH RESTORING SKINCARE
For those looking to start up on their anti-aging may want a closer look at this range, boasting a nutrient rich “Amethyst Mineral Complex” the Youth Restoring Collection is meant to fade fine lines and boosts the appearance of skin for a smoother, younger look. A very basic concoction of ingredients that appears more suited for the first signs of aging rather than an intensive treatment although the night cream contains a heavy dose of exfoliating glycolic acid so remember to patch test your skin first if you’ve never used glycolic acid before. All the items contain quite a distinct floral scent.and while it looks creamy in the jar, the textures are very comfortable to apply and leave no residue.
- Anti-Wrinkle Moisture Cream | 50ml @ $19.99
- Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream | 50ml @ $19.99
- Anti-Wrinkle Eye Roller | 50ml @ $19.99
Avon says: All products are suitable for sensitive skin, except for Youth Restore Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream, which is hypoallergenic only.
Just in time for the real test of summer, these new makeup products from Avon are looking mighty enticing this time of the year. The Extra Lasting collection packaged in red and black contain a few re-releases and a few new items as well. Though I only have 3 to show you, in its entirety the collection has 7 base and colour products all formulated with color-lock complex technology.
Another very on trend release are the Big Colour Eye pencils which have a diamond finish (read: big sparkles) in a creamy formulation. A collection of 6 jewel toned shades which can be used as both shadow and liner in a single swipe. Oh yeah, did I also mention they are waterproof? These shall be fun to take for a dip.
- Extra Lasting Foundation SPF12 (shown) | 30ml @ $15CAD
- Extra Lasting Cream-to-Powder | 9 grams @ $15CAD
- Extra Lasting Pressed Powder | 12 grams @ $12CAD
- Extra Lasting Concealer | 8 grams @ $12CAD
- Extra Lasting Eyeliner (shown) | 2.5ml @ $12CAD
- Extra Lasting Lipstick (shown) | 3grams @ $12CAD
- Extra Lasting Lipgloss | 3 grams @ $12CAD
- Big Color Eye Pencil “Diamonds” (shown) | 1.6 grams @ $9.99CAD
Available: June 2013 (Extra Lasting Line), August 2013 (Big Color Eye Pencil)