So many of your have been asking about where to get a hold of Asian beauty products if you live overseas. Whether you’re looking to get familiar with the Asian beauty market and browse around or looking for a specific item to add to your collection, here are some my favourite places to shop.
| www.adambeauty.com |
- Best for: Popular Japanese products at lower pricing, mostly drugstore.
- Take note of: Very (small) basic collection, slow on limited edition/new items.
| www.sasa.com |
- Best for: Wide selection of Japanese, Taiwanese brands at great prices. Some Korean/Western brands as well, especially Asia exclusive releases. Look out for free shipping times with a low minimum.
- Take note of: Good deals sell out very fast! Some items are hard to keep in stock.
| www.ichibankao.com |
- Best for: Dedicated solely to Japanese beauty products, ranging from drugstore, niche brands to department store/hard to find items. Very well stocked, always updated with newest selection.
- Take note of: Prices in Yen and conversion rate it poor so you are going to pay a lot more for an item. Shipping is included with each item price but that means there is no shipping discount. Overall pricing is expensive.
eBay eBay eBay
| www.ebay.ca |
This is where I purchase the majority of my Korean items and sometimes Japanese products as well (if I’m not on SaSa). It’s great for Asian items because you can get them directly from the country (Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan etc) and not have to pay the extra markup when sold at small beauty shops locally. Many Korean items I try are very affordable, even with shipping added they often end up as drugstore priced.
- Take note of: Look for sellers with extensive feedback (a 4-5K is a good starting point) at 98% positive or higher, that is my personal standard. Read through recent feedback history, especially the bad ones to see what was the problem, slower shipping due to customs is not a big deal compared to getting a fake/bad product. Always confirm final shipping price and shipping discount for multiple item purchases.
- Sellers I’m loving lately: AlphabeautyUK, f2plus1, CosmeticLove.