If you’ve been keeping up with me on Facebook, you may know that I had been on a foundation hunt again. I’d been looking for a more matte base that would translate better on film (which due to lighting can sometimes look a bit greasy although not so in real life) and thus I’ve been making various strips to the drugstore, swatching products and catching up on the other side of the foundation spectrum. A glowing base is still quite trendy at the moment (Spring 2013 forecast says more dewy, fresh skin) so finding a matte base was harder than I thought. Of course I could always fall back on my trusty Revelon Colourstay or MAC Studio Fix Fluid but I wanted to take this opportunity to try something new.
- Holika Holika | Luminous Silk BB Cream |
- Tony Moly | Goddess Aura BB Cream |
- Revlon | Colourstay Whipped Foundation |
- Maybelline | Master Duo Liquid Eyeliner |
- Maybelline | Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Corrector |
- Maybelline | Baby Lips “Peach Kiss” |
- Eyelure | Katy Perry lashes in “Sweetie Pie” |
- Rimmel | Wake Me Up Foundation |
In other news, I am still caught up in a daily battle with my “new” hair. It’s been a week or two but I have yet to control these wispy layers which is making my hair stick up in all sorts of weird angles. When I had longer, simpler hair it was very much a fluff and go process, now days it’s a daily battle with my hairdryer and even sometimes a curling iron which is something I really don’t want to put my hair through on a regular basis.
I’d love to know your tips on taming heavily layered hair!