It’s not a surprise to anyone that knows me that I am crazy about foundations and since I’ve discovered bb creams a few years back, they have quickly been fighting for prime real estate in my base drawer. I’m often asked what is the best bb cream and that is nearly impossible to answer because the answer is a combination of what skin type you have and what results you are looking for.
However since the push of bb creams into the North American market (renamed into “beauty balms”) and companies are all going bb crazy, I thought I’d do a quick breakdown for those curious to know how they stack up against their Asian counterparts. For those who are bb beginners this might also help you decide which type is better for you and make the selection a little more manageable.
Below is a closer look at my bb cream collection as of right now. I fall into bb cream phases where I’ll be all over them and then get tired of them and move onto foundations for a few months again. Overall though, I always have a few of them in my drawer at all times. The links to the bb creams I have already reviewed will be listed below (you can see swatches, including before and after photos) next to the product name.
- Maybelline | Dream Fresh BB Cream | Shade: Light (reviewed)
- Garnier | Skin Renew BB Cream | Shade: Light-Medium (reviewed)
- Marcelle | Skin enhancer BB Cream | Shade: Light-Medium (reviewed)
These bb creams are available in local drugstores like London Drugs or Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. Marcelle’s bb cream is also available online through their makeup boutique
for shipping to Canada and the USA.
- Skin79 | Vital Orange BB Cream (reviewed)
- Skin79 | VIP Gold BB Cream (reviewed)
- Skin79 | The Oriental Gold BB Cream
Skin79 products can be found through ebay, Amazon and many other Asian product stores online because they are quite popular and should be easy to get a hold of even internationally. Just be sure to check for the authentication sticker on each product and purchase from a reputable seller/shop.
- Hadalabo | BB Moist Cream | Shade: 02 (reviewed)
- Hadalabo | BB Whitening Cream | Shade: 01
- Laneige | Snow BB Cream | Shade: 02
Hadalabo products are from Japan and can be found on ebay, on Adam Beauty online
. Laneige can be found through ebay, Strawberry Net online
and any Amore Pacific locations across the world.
- Etude House | Precious Mineral BB Cream: Bright Fit | Shade: Light Beige
- Mizon | Snail Repair BB Cream (reviewed)
- Scinic | Marine Drop O2 BB Cream
Etude House can be found all over the place online, including ebay, Amazon and many various Asian beauty webshops. Mizon is quite elusive and I’ve only seen it through ebay. Scinic can be found on ebay as well as on Sasa online.
Got a favourite bb cream? Leave me a recommendation!