If you haven’t yet heard of Skin79 in the fantastically crazy world of BB creams, well then you have been missing out… immensely. With the success of their two previous products, the Hot Pink BB Cream and the VIP Gold BB Cream, the brand has put out two new formulations to add to the line.
Today’s post features the Vital Orange BB Creams which is meant to provide 365 days of flawless protection with its “Vital-V” complex, a combination of vitamins to keep skin healthy on a daily basis. What initially drew me to this product, having heard whispers of it from other bloggers, was the promise of impeccable coverage while being perfect for the summer weather.
On top of all this, the colour for this new Vital Orange BB cream was supposed to be more forgiving which is a huge attraction especially since colour was one of the few things I didn’t like about my favourite VIP Gold version. Since I was already quite confident with the brand through my previous encounters, I quickly made the purchase to try out this one. Ready to get up close and personal with this bb cream? Watch the video to hear my thoughts!
The Little Details
A quick look at the back of the ingredients list will tell you that Skin79 does not play around when it comes to their products. As a cosmeceutical brand, they really take care to blend the best of skincare ingredients into their colour products as well. It’s not merely about covering up the skin but treating it everyday as an extension of your skincare.
A quick look at the colour swatches here, as you can see this is a huge improvement over the greyish tone of their previous bb cream releases and I am hoping that all feature products will start moving forward in this direction. Honestly, who’s skin is really grey anyways? I would say that the Vital Orange is more of a light olive beige, not quite as yellow as you might be seeing here on the screen. Compared to say my Lancome Teint Miracle foundation in Buff 2W, it lacks a lot of yellow pigment.
Conveniently I just happen to be battling some breakouts recently and from the photographs below, the coverage of the bb cream is clearly evident. The before and after images have not been edited (other than resizing) and shows one layer of Vital Orange BB Cream applied on freshly moisturized skin, no primer, powder or concealer.
I really adore the satin glow it gives to my skin, very similar to my beloved CHANEL Pro-Lumiere foundation but the way that this sits on my skin just isn’t attractive at all. It feels rather heavy, emphasizes lines/dry spots and cakes up within a few hours.
- 3 major functions: sun protection, skin whitening, anti-wrinkle
- SPF50 physical sunscreen (zinc oxide & titanium dioxide), not oil free, does not contain mineral oil
- Impressive list of skincare ingredients, mainly planet extracts and vitamins.
- Medium to full coverage, very good for large pores, mild acne breakouts and sunspots.
- Leaves skin soft and hydrated after removal, lessens redness and helps heal spots faster.
- After continuous use, it does show improvements in brightening up overall skintone.
- No breakouts or any adverse skin reactions.
- Things to note:
- Remember to finish off with a bit of setting powder and watch out for transfers onto your clothing (or other people’s clothing for that matter). Make sure to apply this over very well moisturized skin and use a makeup remover or cleansing oil to take this off properly.
I’m saddened to say that this version will not be replacing my VIP Gold BB Cream any time soon. In fact, I am already stressing out over how I am going to finish using up this full sized bottle that really just doesn’t look good on my skin. It takes too much work to make it look decent and while the initial look is flawless, its just not something I can see myself reaching for on a daily basis. It’s certainly not a product that I would repurchase again.