Well, well what do we have here?
A NEW BB Cream?
YES IT IS!
With the onset of the BB Cream trend in North America, I was very curious yet cautious to approach them. Having been reasonably familiar with Asian versions, I had high expectations about what I was expecting from these little tubes of wonders. Better colour selection perhaps? Lighter textures? As good as many of my previous BB Creams were, there were still improvements to be made.
- Name: MARCELLE Beauty Balm Skin Enhancer (BB Cream)
- Size: 45ml or 1.50 oz.
- Shades: Light to Medium, Medium to Dark
- Plastic squeeze tube, pump dispenser
- Hypo Allergenic, Non-Comedogenic, Perfume Free, Oil Free, Paraben Free
This is what Marcelle has to say…
” The 8 in 1 multi-benefits BB Cream that does it all for you, instantly!Your ultimate skin care enhancer for all ages and skin types, this multi-purpose skin care cream is more than a tinted moisturizer or simple make-up base. It perfects the skin to reveal a more even epidermis and well-hydrated, flawless complexion, all in one. Use it alone as a tinted moisturizer; over your moisturizer to unify your complexion and reduce the appearance of blemishes, or apply as a make-up base under foundation for total coverage and improved stay-on power. BB Cream is offered in two shades and is suitable for a wide variety of complexions thanks to its self-adjusting pigments that transform and adapt to skin tone.
Hypo-allergenic and perfume free. Suitable for all ages and skin types.”
Now on to my review!
Let’s see this BB Cream in action… this is one layer of Marcelle BB Cream with no primer, no concealer or powder. As you can see the finish is incredibly natural looking and virtually undetectable on camera.
*photo taken in the shade, natural lighting*
Surprisingly as dark as this base looked in the colour swatch, the “adaptive pigments” worked well to blend with my skintone fairly well. My skin is in reasonably good condition at the moment but you can see the diminishing of redness on my cheeks, slight reduction in under eye darkness and the evening out of the darker edges of my mouth.
However for larger/darker spots such as that mysterious red dot on my nose, you will be needing some concealer for a truly flawless finish.
As you see in the ingredients list below, this product reads more like a foundation/makeup product than a skincare item. None the less I would say that this BB Cream does full fill (to some degree) all of the 8 benefits that it clams to achieve.
Did I mention that this BB Cream photographs like a dream? With no SPF or shimmers to get in the way, the creamy texture blends into the skin impeccably and will give you velvety skin that requires minimal post-editing for those without major issues.
My Final Break Down
- Solid and realiable everyday base product: medium coverage, satin finish.
- Very long lasting while still being hydrating through the day.
- Performs consistently and is a fantastic skin-balancing base.
- Smooths easily over uneven skin texture, enhances the look of natural skin.
- Photographs beautifully! No breakouts, allergies or negative reactions.
- Ideal for: Very dry to Slightly oily skin.
- Age Range: All ages.
- *Tip: Pat on the BB Cream and smooth around the edge, do not rub.
- THINGS TO NOTE
- There is no SPF, so put one on if you will be in the sun.
- Unlike Asian BB Creams this had minimal skincare benefits or healing results for my skin.
- More similar to a foundation/makeup rather than skincare.
This Marcelle BB Cream has been my product of choice recently, especially for days that I do not want a fussy face and do not have the time to pull out the sponges and brushes. It is also one of the very few products which I think look best applied with fingers. Throw this on, my MAC paint pot, Maybelline mousse blush, brows, mascara and I’m out the door in under 15 minutes which for me is very quick!
Tried this yourself?
Let me know in the comments below!
Let me know in the comments below!