*Ding dong * Ding dong*
My December Glymm box has arrived!
A few quick points on “beauty boxes” and Glymm Box in general.
Available in Canada.
- This is a “subscription” service (like you would a magazine)
- $10/month (+ tax) + free shipping per month
- Receive a specially curated box of deluxe sized beauty samples (often times there is at least one full sized product!)
- Products are chosen based on your initial preference survey but it’s a box of surprises every single month!
- Glymm offers points for each box purchased (more points if you refer friends) which can be redeemed for products on their website.
That’s the brief but if you want more details on Glymm as a service,
you can drop by their website HERE
Let’s see what’s in my box….
Vinoperfect Enzymatic Peel mask
- Grape acid and antioxidant-rich grape seed oil
- Dissolves dead skin cells and promote renewed luminous skin
- Full size: 40ml @ $40 CAD
My first thoughts: Wow this was a small sample but once I looked at the full size (which is only 40ml) I realized this is likely a very potent product and thus perhaps the 3ml sample will be alright for 2 applications after all. I have long been interested in Caudalie products and look at their items every time I run into Sephora, I adore the concept of a enzyme face mask but fingers crossed that it doesn’t burn!
Mineral Hand Cream
- Powerful blend of ingredients to treat hand dryness and dermatitis
- Rich nourishing Dead Sea minerals hydrate and restore moisture, powerful but non greasy in texture
- Full size: 3.4 oz @ $20 CAD
My first thoughts: A girl can never have enough hand cream in her handbag, that has been my motto for a good six months now and thus I’m happy to try out a new hand cream. While I’ve been very devoted to my beloved Crabtree and Evelyn hand therapy, it’s always nice to see what else is out there. The smell of this product is wonderfully spa-like and reminiscent of my Nuxe products. I would mind this scent being a face cream either!
YVES SAINT LAURENT
Le Parisienne Eau de Parfume
- Cranberry, Damascus rose, delicate violet, fresh peony, patchouli, vetiver, musk and sandalwood
- A floral, feminine yet sensual fragrance which will leave a trace of mystery
- Full size: 3 oz. @ $85 CAD
My first thoughts: “Oh my goodness a mini perfume bottle!” was my first thought, I love collecting these small bottles (so much cuter than the vial sprays). It’s always exciting to try out high-end fragrances (those which I consider an investment) as they are quite expensive, so I want to be certain that I am madly in love with one before buying it. I’d say this is a mediocre scent for me, it wasn’t love at first wiff nor do I think it will grow on me. There doesn’t seem to be anything too unique or attractive in this one….-sad face.
Natural Lip Gloss “In Disguise”
- Playful yet sophisticated line of natural based beauty products from Canada
- Soften, sooth, moisturize and colour your lips, designed to compliment and not define.
- Full size: 0.5 fl oz. @ $8 CAD
My first thoughts: I was really pleased with the colour choice I received (I know there were variations in the colours being sent out) as I am absolutely a pink lippie type of girl. However I was worried that this would just go into my stack of already overflowing pink glosses and wouldn’t get much love. When I tried it on, I was surprised to find that is gave me a plumped up juicy baby lip result. There was no stinging but somehow the combination of colour and shimmer made my lips look fuller in a very natural way.
BONUS: $10 off Glymm giftcard
Will likely pass this along to a friend or something as I don’t see myself using it.
That was my December Glymm box. Not overly bad in general though I was expecting them to do something special for the holidays!
me know what you received in yours!