Hope you are all in the festive spirit! We’re only 2 days away from December and I am eager to start decorating the house. I’ve got reindeers, squirrel toys, pine cones….
But before we get there, today I want to share a few items I’ve added to my collection from a purchase from the UK. And of course (if you still remember) my 6 month makeup ban is still in effect but I’ve decided that limited edition items and/or overseas products should still be up for grabs. Most of them I will end up storing in my “save” box for use after the 6 month period is over. (Yes, I’m an incredibly organized product collector.)
Let’s get in first with the video ^-^
A bit more information!
- Bourjois Healthy Mix serum foundation: I think this may have been one of my favourite purchases in a long time. The way this applies on the skin just feels incredible and the finish it gives is just as pretty. I’d say it’s not very long lasting but otherwise seems pretty perfect in my books. I might have to do a review on this one later on but very good first impressions.
- 30ml / 1 fluid oz. Made in France.
- Bourjois does have a Canadian website if you are interested, though the selection is very sparse. You can see it HERE.
- Maybelline AngelFit 2-way powder foundation: is by far my favourite powder foundation that I have used and that is saying a lot since I cringe at most powders. Many are too thick, resulting in a dust ball effect, others are so thin they do not provide any coverage at all. The AngelFit powder foundation seems to be a great medium with a light texture and feel on the skin but imparting enough coverage for those “just rolled out of bed” mornings when you do not have the time or energy to put my regular base makeup.
- SPF22/ PA++ (7.5g/ 0.26 Oz.) Made in China.
- This is an Asia exclusive release but you may be able to find it through ebay.
- L’Oreal True Match superblendable powder foundation: I believe this is a different formulation than what we have here in North America but the concept is meant to be the same. Seamless coverage, impeccable blendability, matching your skin tone and texture to provide a natural and undetectable finish. Big promises from L’Oreal but this is going into my “save” box for now since I want to use up some other items first.
- SPF20/PA++ (9g)
- QUO by ORLY polish keeper: Now THIS is something that I am incredibly excited about and have been gushing over it ever since I tried it for the first time. Those who use and love the Seche Vite fast drying top coat will understand what I mean when I say that Seche Vite can be “difficult” at times, drying up goopy in the bottle and hard to work with over time. Well, this new product from Quo is a solid contender for the top spot of best top coat. I think it’s a very smart move by QUO to team up with a big name like ORLY to launch their nail products and the quality is certainly evident.
- 14ml/0.48 fl Oz., Free of DBP, Formaldehyde, Toluene. Made by ORLY in USA.
That’s all for now.
Have a wonderful day Everyone!