Get ready! Today’s post is going to be lengthly but I think it will be worthwhile and help alot of you out there who have been curious about various types of foundations. There will be lots of links everywhere to reviews I have done for these products so look out for those sneaky links!
So let’s talk foundation, it’s my favourite makeup item since I have long battled with skin issues.
- Very breakout prone, large visible pores around the center of my face
- Combination skintype with oily forehead but also dry patches, easily dehydrated
- Neutral/pale yellow undertone (click here to see a list of all my foundation matches from other brands)
I prefer foundations that have a satin to glowy finish as I feel it looks the most beautiful on the skin for a day to day wear, it’s fresh for younger skin but also very forgiving on mature skin as well. A good foundation should stand well on its own, without the help of primers and powders, which I consider “extras” because this way I will know the true effectiveness of the product. Long lasting ability is not the greatest concern for me but my foundations have to feel comfortable on the skin.
let’s jump into the video!
- Holika Holika : Aqua Petite Jelly BB (SPF20)
- best for normal/oily skin, powdery finish, high coverage
- Skinfood : Red Bean BB Cream (SPF20/PA+) (review here)
- best for dry/normal/slightly oily skin, satin finish, medium/full coverage, will transfer
- ***Hadalabo : BB Moist Cream (SPF32/ PA+++) (review here)
- best for dry/normal skin, glossy finish, medium/buildable coverage, will transfer
- Rimmel : Lasting Finish 25hr wear foundation
- best for slightly dry/normal/oily skin, satin-matte finish, light-medium/buildable coverage
- ***Maybelline : Fit-Me foundation (SPF15) (review here)
- best for dry/normal/slightly oily skin, dewy/glossy finish, light-medium coverage, slight transfer
- Clinique : Even Better foundation (SPF 15)
- best for slightly dry/normal/slightly oily skin, satin finish, medium/full coverage
- NARS : Sheer Glow foundation (review here)
- best for normal/oily skin, satin-matte finish, light-medium coverage, extremely long lasting
- ***Lancome : Teint Miracle foundation (SPF15) (review here)
- best for normal/oily skin, glowy/pearl finish, medium/buildable coverage, slight transfer
***These are my favourites of the bunch for their overall performance.